- About Us
Do you need help?
Our Food Pantry provides sacks of food to people who need help. Each sack provides at least three family-size meals. Please come to the front office and bring an ID.
Food Pantry Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - Noon
What is the Food Pantry?
We currently assist about 45 families a month by giving out sacks of food to people who come to the office requesting aid. Each sack provides at least three basic meals. Members of the congregation donate the food and volunteers bag up the groceries each week. Financial contributions designated for the Food Pantry are used to shop for food when necessary.
How can you help the MUMC Food Pantry?
1. Become one of the volunteers who take turns performing the weekly sorting of donated food items and sacking up foods for distribution. There are sign-up sheets by Sundays in both the Hospitality Area and FLC. For more information on this opportunity, please contact the Food Pantry Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Bring non-perishable food items to the Food Pantry collection grocer cart in the Hospitality Area and FLC. We particularly encourage you to bring the items on our shopping list below. MUMC occasionally has church-wide food drives to restock the Pantry shelves, but we depend on our members to routinely bring food donations throughout the year.
3. Bring your paper to the recycling bins provided by the Eco-Faith Initiative. Money earned through this project will go to support the Food Pantry.
What items do you collect for the MUMC Food Pantry?
Below is the typical shopping list for the MUMC Food pantry.
- peanut butter – 18oz. jar
- oatmeal – 18oz. box
- saltine crackers – 1 lb. box
- canned meat – tuna or chicken breast
- dried pinto beans – 1 lb. bag
- canned beans – 20oz.
- canned chili – 15oz.
- canned broth based soup – 10oz.
- canned cream soup (chicken, mushroom, celery)15oz. can
- macaroni & cheese – 7.25 oz. box or larger
- canned fruit in own syrup – 15oz.
- canned green beans – 15oz.
- canned other vegetables – 15oz.
- canned corn – 15 oz. can
- rice – 1 lb. pkg or larger
- pasta – 1lb. pkg
- tomato sauce – 8 oz. can or larger
- toilet paper
- paper towels
- liquid dish soap
- bar bath soap
Any time you see cans with tabs please consider buying them.