- About Us
Current Class Information
- 13 weeks, Sunday afternoons, September 10 - December 17, 2017, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Cost: $15 for participant workbook (scholarships available)
- Led by Deanna Custer and David Luna
If you'd like more information, or if you'd like to join theses sessions, please contact Deanna at 512-917-1909.
What is GriefShare?
GriefShare is a faith-based weekly seminar and support group for people who are grieving the death of someone close to them. At GriefShare, you learn valuable information about recovering from grief and renewing your hope for the future.
The GriefShare program consists of 13 seminar topics. Each GriefShare class includes a video seminar and group discussion. A GriefShare workbook assists you with note taking, journaling, and grief study. The videos feature top experts on grief recovery, dramatic reenactments about living with grief, and real-life stories of people who have experienced losses like yours. Participants may begin attending GriefShare at any session. Each session is self-contained, so you do not have to attend in sequence. For more information about the GriefShare program, please visit the GriefShare website.
- Session 1: Is This Normal?
- Session 2: Challenges of Grief
- Session 3: The Journey of Grief, Part I
- Session 4: The Journey of Grief, Part II
- Session 5: Grief and Your Relationships
- Session 6: Why?
- Session 7: Guilt and Anger
- Session 8: Complicating Factors
- Session 9: Stuck
- Session 10: Lessons of Grief, Part I
- Session 11: Lessons of Grief, Part II
- Session 12: Heaven
- Session 13: What Do I Live for Now?
MUMC provides FREE childcare for all classes. Parents are required to make reservations for their childcare needs in order to ensure that we have enough childcare workers to provide adequate supervision for the children and to plan age-appropriate activities. Reservations can only be guaranteed when made at least 72 hours in advance. To make childcare reservations, please email Childcare@ManchacaUMC.org.
To find our current schedule, visit Find a GriefShare Group, and enter Manchaca, TX in the search box. The current or upcoming schedule will be displayed.
Our GriefShare program also offers “Surviving the Holidays,” which is a class on coping with the holiday season after the death of a loved one. This special stand-alone class is only offered during the Fall. Click on Surviving the Holidays and enter Manchaca, TX in the search box to find the date of our next Holidays seminar. You do not need to be participating in a GriefShare group to attend
For more information about GriefShare at MUMC, please call Deanna at 512-917-1909.