- About Us
Why? Bible Study
Why? Making Sense of God’s Will
- A 4-Week Adam Hamilton Study
- Sunday Afternoons, 3:00 – 4:30 pm
- October 22 – November 12
- Cost: $8.00 for the book.
- Led by Pastor Andy Smith
With the recent storms, flooding and fires that are ravishing our country, you might by wondering:
Where is God…
- when tragedy and suffering strike?
- when the ground shakes, and a poor nation’s economy is destroyed;
- when the winds blow and waters rise, washing away a community’s hopes and dreams;
- when violence tears apart nations?
If God is all powerful, and if each one of us is a beloved child of God, then how can God allow tragedy and suffering to infest his creation? In “Why?” best-selling author Adam Hamilton brings fresh insight to the age-old question of how to understand the will of God. Rejecting simplistic answers and unexamined assumptions, he lays out core ideas for comprehending God’s plan for the world, including: God will not take away our free will, even when we use it to grieve him. God will never abandon us, especially in the midst of our suffering. While God is not the author of suffering, God will bring blessing out of tragedy. Through the readings, DVD, and class discussions, participants of this 4-week study will explore these questions: 1) Why do the innocent suffer? 2) Why do my prayers go unanswered? and 3) Why can’t I see God’s will for my life? In the end, they’ll have a better understanding of why God’s love prevails.
10/22/2017 - 3:00pm
10/29/2017 - 3:00pm
11/05/2017 - 3:00pm
11/12/2017 - 3:00pm