What is Advent?
Advent is the first season of the church's liturgical year, a period of four Sundays and the weeks before Christmas, when we prepare our hearts for the coming of Jesus at Christmas. During the season of Advent, which means "coming" in Latin, we expectantly wait for the coming of Jesus into the world at his birth, and we look with hope to the future when Jesus will come again.
Advent Bible Studies
- Looking at Luke - Begins Nov. 6
- Surviving the Holidays - November 10
- Light of the World - Begins Nov. 13
- Home for Christmas - Tales of Hope and Second Chances - Begins Nov. 24 in the Christians Without Borders Sunday school class
- Birth of the Messiah - Begins Dec. 3
- Gospel of Luke Online Discussion Group - Click Here.
Special Events and Activities
- Annual Craft Show - November 16 & 17
- Youth Tree Lot - Opens Friday, November 29
- Sunshine Cafe - Thursday, December 5 at 11:30 am
- Christmas Movie Night (The Star) - Friday, December 6 at 7:00 pm
- Lunch with Littles - Sunday, December 8 at Noon
- Children's Musical - During worship on December 8
- FISH Party - For 4th/5th grade students - December 11, Time TBD
- Crafts and Caroling at Marbridge - Saturday, December 14 at 10:00 am
- Advent Festival and Live Nativity - Sunday, December 15, 4:30 - 6:30 pm
- Choir Cantata - Sunday, December 22 during worship
Christmas Eve Worship services
We will have Christmas Eve services at 5:00, 7:00 and 9:00 pm.
More details coming soon!