Every Sunday from 07/05/2020 to 08/02/2020Download Event
A Stay-cation Vacation Bible School Experience
How does a stay-at-home VBS work?
- Weekly videos are sent via email and posted on Facebook that lead children through the Bible story and instructions for the various VBS station activities.
- All craft, science and game activities are easily completed with items in most homes.
- Families have all week to watch and do the activities. Choose the activities you like best. Complete them all at once, or complete one activity a day. You are in control in how you participate.
- Kids are sent on weekly Compassion-in-Action Mission Challenges and can earn buttons when completed.
- Kids are invited to participate in community in three ways: 1) Families can invite friends over to do VBS together as they feel safe and comfortable. 2) Kids can post their "work" on our Facebook Group page. 3) Weekly Zoom meetings on Friday mornings will allow kids to connect with one another to share their VBS experiences.
- People who register will get an email the week before with a supply list and links to the zoom meeting.
Compassion Camp Overview
Week 1 (July 5) - At the Table
Compassion helps us see and welcome others.
(Luke 15:11-32, Parable of the Loving Father)
Week 2 (July 12) - To Our Neighbor
Compassion helps us be brave.
(Mark 2:1-12, Jesus heals a paralytic.)
Week 3 (July 19) - For Myself
Compassion helps us love ourselves.
(Matthew 12:28-31. Love God, Love Neighbor as Yourself)
Week 4 (July 24) - Along the Way
Compassion helps us be present with each other.
(Ruth 1, Naomi, Ruth and Orpah)
Week 5 (August 2) - With the World
Compassion gives us a fresh start.
(Leviticus 25, Year of Jubilee)