What Is GriefShare?
GriefShare is a faith-based video seminar and support group for people who are grieving the death of someone close to them. At GriefShare, you learn valuable information about recovering from grief and renewing your hope for the future. Classes meet on Sunday afternoons at 1:30 pm. There are 3 different classes to choose from, and you are welcome to take one class or all of the classes, depending on your need.
Our next GriefShare class will be an online class through ZOOM. It is uncertain at this time whether or not the future Loss of a Spouse class or the Surviving the Holidays classes will be online or in person. Stay tuned!
1. Loss of a Spouse
The Loss of a Spouse seminar is a FREE 2 hour class specifically for those who have suffered the loss of a spouse. During the class, you will watch a video led by experts who will help you see that you are not alone in your grief. Afterwards, you will be allowed to share your experiences and feelings, or you may choose to just listen to others in the class.
- Loss of a Spouse is facilitated by people who have also lost a spouse, and can understand some of the things you are feeling. This class is the perfect introduction for the full GriefShare class cycle.
- Class meets one day for a 2 hour session. Free. Each participant will receive a free Loss of a Spouse booklet.
- Each GriefShare class includes a video seminar and group discussion. A GriefShare workbook assists you with note taking, journaling, and grief study. The videos feature top experts on grief recovery, dramatic reenactments about living with grief, and real-life stories of people who have experienced losses like yours. The class is facilitated by those who are former GriefShare attendees, who have also lost someone they love.
- Workbook topics are: Is This Normal?, Challenges of Grief, The Journey of Grief, Part I, The Journey of Grief, Part II, Grief and Your Relationships, Why?, Guilt and Anger, Complicating Factors, Stuck, Lessons of Grief, Part I, Lessons of Grief, Part II, Heaven, What Do I Live for Now?
- Classes meet weekly for 11-13 weeks. Each session stands alone, so you can join at any time. You do not have to attend the classes in order. Workbooks cost $15 - scholarships available.
3. Surviving the Holidays
- Surviving the Holidays is a FREE 2 hour class for anyone who has lost a loved one and needs extra support throughout the fall and winter holidays. This class is offered once or twice a year in early-mid November and/or December.
- Like Loss of a Spouse or regular GriefShare classes, this special stand-alone class utilizes a video seminar and group discussion by the facilitators of GriefShare.
- Class meets one day for a 2 hour session. Free. Each participant will receive a free Surviving the Holidays booklet, which has some excellent advice to help you through the tough "firsts."
You must register for these classes through the GriefShare website in order to have access to the online videos! Use the links below:
- GriefShare--1:30 p.m. Sundays, 5/31-8/16/20:
- Loss of a Spouse--1:30 p.m. Sundays, 11/1/20:
- Surviving the Holidays--1:30 p.m. Sunday, 11/8/20:
- Surviving the Holidays--1:30 p.m. Sunday, 12/6/20: