Ten Reasons to Bring Your Child to Sunday School!
1. Age Targeted Teaching: Where else can your kids get Biblical instruction that’s focused toward their developmental abilities?
2. Friends: In Sunday School, your child will build positive friendships with their peers by discovering God’s Word together.
3. It’s Fun: So it's not Disneyland, but our teachers do work hard to teach the Bible in ways that are relevant and fun for kids.
4. Spiritual Mentors: It takes a village to grow children in the faith! A dedicated teacher can be a Christian role model who supports you and helps inspire the faith of your child.
5. Praying Teachers: Our teachers consistently pray for your child’s faith to grow. Coming to Sunday School gives another occasion for God to answer those requests.
6. Big Reward For a Small Investment: Coming just one hour earlier (before the 11 am service) will equal over 800 hours of additional Christian teaching before your child graduates!
7. Send the Right Message: Making Sunday School a priority shows your kids that God’s Word really does matter more than pillow-time. Children learn your values from what you do more than what you say!
8. Adult's Need It, Too!: While the children enjoy their class, you can fellowship with other adults in your own Bible study group.
9. You’ll Be On Time: Families who come to Sunday School are always on time for the 11:00 am worship services!
10. Develop a Faith That Sticks: Coming to Sunday school sets up good habits for a life-time of Bible-study and learning about God.
Sunday School Classes
Nursery - God Loves Me Storybooks
Nursery - Room 14 in the Education Wing
Through simple stories, themed learning centers, songs and prayers, our youngest children will be introduced to foundational stories of the Bible. New Bible stories are introduced each month. Lessons are offered during both services (8:30 and 11:00) for ages 0-5 and in the Sunday school hour (9:45-10:45 am) for ages 0-2.
Splash Pad (Preschool - Ages 3 - 5)
Room 23 - Education Wing
In the Splash Pad, preschoolers are introduced to the founding stories of our faith through "Bible Story Basics." Each session includes Bible verses, games, art, science, worship, prayers and other creative ways to involve children in the Bible story through a variety of learning styles.
Godly Play (Kindergarten – 2nd Grade)
Room 28, Upstairs in the Education Wing
Our early elementary children are invited into a safe and worshipful environment to experience they mystery and joy of God. Godly Play values process, openness and person discovery, as students become active learners of the Christian language of parables, sacred stories, reflective silence and liturgical action. Based on the Montessori teaching method, Godly Play encourages children to use their curiosity and imagination as they enounter the stories of scripture.
Bible Divers (3rd Graders)
Room 18 - Education Wing
Third Grade students receive Bibles as gifts from the congregation in mid-September. Through Sunday school, they embark on a year-long journey to explore and learn to use their Bibles. Students have fun with hands-on activities and Bible learning games. Our goal is for children to view Scripture as a life-long companion.
Wave Walkers (4th - 5th Grade)
Room 30 - Upstairs in the Education Wing
Wave Walkers are learning to focus on and trust in Jesus as they head into their pre-teen years. In Sunday school they will experience the biblical narrative through storytelling, creative reflection, and dialogue. Using the "Echo the Story" curriculum, students will explore the whole Bible story from Genesis to Revelation.