top of page
  • MUMC 150 History Committee

The Fire

A yellowing photo of a small sanctuary decorated for Christmas taken from the back
The Original Sanctuary (now the Bell Room)

The sanctuary that was begun in 1956 served the Manchaca area for about 30 years.  Season after season went by in the beautiful, cozy sanctuary, until one Christmas time in 1982. It seems that it was the custom to light candles and place them in the sanctuary’s windows for evening services. Unfortunately, someone forgot to blow out all the candles, and the sanctuary caught fire that night. Here in lies all the details we were able to find out, but the pictures below clearly show the damage to the walls, Christmas tree, and melted stained glass windows.  



81 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page