Super Silver Saver
During the season of Lent, many of us decide to make a special sacrifice to improve our physical or spiritual selves. For example, we may choose to give up buying coffee, sodas, and candy and use the money we didn’t spend to help others. A good way to do this is to participate in the Super Silver Saver fund drive as part of our Lenten experience.
Super Silver Saver cups will be available in both the narthex and the Family Life Center beginning on Ash Wednesday, March 2. Take the cup home and fill it each day with change or bills. When you put your money in your Super Silver Saver cup each day, say a prayer of thanksgiving for God’s many blessings. Bring your money-filled Super Silver Saver cup back to worship on Palm Sunday, April 10th, and we’ll celebrate together our common offering of sacrifice. If you prefer, you may give through the church’s online giving site. Select Super Silver Savers from the drop-down fund list, and you will be given the option to donate through bank withdrawal or a credit card. You may also drop a check in the offering baskets, or mail a check to: Manchaca UMC, PO Box 460, Manchaca, TX 78652. Be sure to mark your checks with "Super Silver Saver" in the memo line.
The money will be used by the Missions Team to fund mission activities sponsored by our congregation such as:
• Austin Habitat for Humanity
• Disaster victims such as Kentucky tornado victims and the need for flood buckets
• Students at Akins High School who are experiencing homelessness
• Support for our missionaries
• Back pack ministry for students at Menchaca Elementary needing weekend food
• Crop Hunger Walk for local and world hunger
• Zoe helps ministry
• Food Pantry
• Angel Tree Programs
• Housing improvement projects
• Manna bags for our festivals to teach our community about giving to the homeless
Your Missions Team